Middleweight UI/UX Designer
Our client works exclusively for Trafalgar Travel and Costsaver Tours. They are looking for a 1st class Middleweight UX/UI designer to join the team. You’ll be part of a team whose sole focus is on Trafalgar’s and Costsaver’s digital efforts so this is very much akin to a client side role.
As the world’s largest guided holiday operator, Trafalgar opens the door to unforgettable travel experiences. They have nearly 70 years’ experience and more travel awards than anyone else in the industry. From Europe, the Americas, to Asia, Australia and New Zealand, they pride themselves on enabling their guests to capture the true essence of a destination and see the world from the inside.
The marketing team (aka Trafalgar Basecamp) forms a core part of Trafalgar’s strategic vision and represents a key channel in their global marketing and sales plan. They are looking for a confident, detail-oriented UX/UI Designer to elevate their global e-commerce websites and other relevant digital properties. You will work in a talented and passionate team alongside, Product Owners, Developers, Content Creators and Marketers. You will balance business goals with user needs, crafting interfaces that don’t just work, but delight.
They are looking for a confident, detail-oriented middleweight UX/UI Designer to join the team and elevate their global e-commerce websites and other relevant digital properties. You will work in a talented and passionate team alongside, Product Owners, Developers, Content Creators and Marketers. You will need to be able to balance business goals with user needs, crafting interfaces that don’t just work, but delight.
This is a highly visible role on all things UX - you'll have the experience and vision to interpret complex business requirements and translate them into functional and intuitive solutions to inspire users and enhance their experiences with Trafalgar which in turn drives additional conversion on site. A typical day could involve researching, wireframing, prototyping, maintaining the design system, creating high-fidelity mockups, usability testing, working with developers or participating in group workshops.
Still interested? How do you stack up against the following?
- Execute highly polished UI while keeping an eye on the User Experience and Design direction
- Create user flows, layouts, wireframes and prototypes to communicate UI & UX solutions
- Balance business goals, user needs, and implementation considerations
- Evangelise the importance and necessity of good design with our various internal teams and utilise industry-standard case studies and/or results to influence and justify design decisions
- Validate designs with user research and testing
- Present your work and thinking to the team and senior stakeholders
- Ensure that designs work across devices and browsers - mobile through to desktop
- Iterate on website features using data and user insights
- Create variations for A/B testing
- Participate in group workshop sessions and design critiques
- Maintaining and building on the design system
- Work alongside our brand design team to ensure the UI is consistent with all other digital and print touchpoints
The skills required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of prototyping software (Invision)
- UI animation knowledge (Studio, Principle or After Effects)
- Be confident working independently, with minimal direction at times
- Take critique with professionalism, know that it’s all part of achieving the best possible outcome, while still challenging stakeholders and ensuring users are represented
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- 3+ years crafting User Interfaces
- Experience designing for the web - browsers, devices and responsive frameworks
- Experience working on an enterprise level CMS
- A basic understanding of HTML/CSS/presentational JS
You’ll get bonus points for the following:
- Ability to write copy
- Understanding of SEO
- Understanding of accessibility principles
- Travel industry experience
The role reports to the VP of Digital and Technology and is based in the centre of beautiful Bromley (15 minutes from London Victoria). An attractive package, along with great benefits such as travel discounts, private medical insurance, two volunteering days per year and a day off on your birthday will be offered to the right candidate.
Fancy your chances?
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and tell us why you think you’d be perfect for this role.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
- Usability Testing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'