Middleware Systems Administrator - Banking - (Oracle JDK/JRE/Tomcat/Windows/Linux) - Brussels
Rate: 700 per day
Duration: 1 year
My client is looking to hire an established Middleware Systems Engineer on a long-term contract
These duties will include Tomcat and java resource update maturity increase.
The maturity increase covers:
- Reverse engineering java application configuration regarding JRE/JDK usage.
- Define application inventory per type of application.
- Contribute JDK/JRE/Tomcat update procedure
- Integrate existing automation, implement missing scripts
- Suggest design improvement (limited to java resource usage)
- Automate the update processes using Sharepoint flow (collaboration with SharePoint experts)
- Define reporting about java update processes
In a second phase, the candidate will contribute to the adopting of Docker
Ideal candidate will have experience configuring and troubleshooting java application hosting middleware and ideally experience in Dockers Containers.
Responsibilities: Middleware Systems Administrator - Banking - (OracleJDK/JRE/Tomcat/Windows/Linux) - Brussels
- The successful candidate will work within a team environment and will be expected to facilitate continuous platform operations and troubleshooting time-sensitive
issues along with recommending
- The position requires a high degree of teamwork.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude supporting Windows and Linux servers.
- The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Result oriented with problem solving and analytical skills
Required Skills: Middleware Systems Administrator - Banking - (Oracle JDK/JRE/Tomcat/Windows/Linux) - Brussels
- Experience in Security Vulnerability management
- 3 to 5 years of Windows server and linux RedHat related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux doing all activities such as installation, system integration, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment
An in-depth knowledge of:
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Oracle JRE & JDK
- Apache Tomcat administration
- Experience with deploying and administering systems in a high-availability production environment
- The ability to troubleshoot server and application problems in a complex distributed system with many components and dependencies is of critical importance
- Experience/interest in Docker/Containers
This position is based in Brussels. Please do apply only you are happy to be based in BRUSSELS.
Please send all CV's to
- Oracle JDK