Our Client is a global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide, in over 45 countries.
Working as part of the London Middle Office team, responsible for UK and European Power, Gas, Ags and Oil (Financial) traded products, you will be responsible for timely deal entry, correct position reporting, pricing and adherence with trading limits and more.
- Responsible for timely deal entry, correct position reporting, pricing reporting and adherence with trading limits.
- Production of a daily PnL for the UK/European Power, Gas, Ags and Oil (Financial), be able to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed appetite for risk and risk limits.
- Strong interaction with traders in a challenging and growing environment.
- Implement new controls: liaise with Tech team to improve and enhance processes.
- Liaise with back office/trade support/accounting/credit teams.
- Work closely with the trading desk to be able to understand their strategy and ability to challenge them.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong understanding and experience of UK/European Power, Gas, Ags and Oil (Financial).
- Previous experience managing and reporting PnL for assets (e.g. power plants/storage).
- Current work-based experience in a similar role in a Commodities trading environment is essential.
- Technically competent with experience in setting up / managing risk management ETRM systems and tools.
- Self-starter, organized and autonomous.
- Process improvement mindset.
- Fluent English, speaking and writing.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA.
- Passionate about risk and processes, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes.