Like the rest of those niche digital companies out there we need an Android Developer to take our code quality to new heights. What can we offer you in this role in our centre of excellence digital hub in London – scroll on to find out. (and we’re not just talking about how we play pool and darts in the staff breakout area on a daily basis..
You will harness the full potential of our current technologies and you will find new and better ways of developing our products? I’m sure we don’t need to tell you about how Costa Coffee is growing but just in case you hadn’t heard then how’s this suit you;
Costa Coffee is all about the people and the passion for coffee. We believe in great coffee for everyone… and we mean everyone! We want to become the world’s most loved coffee brand. We like to keep it simple and inclusive so there’s no pretension, no elitism and very few dos and don’ts.
Maybe it’s because we love coffee, but we really value a feeling of warmth in our teams and in our communities. We encourage trust, and empower our people to feel supported and make their own decisions. And we love a can-do attitude, boldness and the courage to create positive change
What you’ll be doing:
How can we even begin to summarise this. Delivery across the entire product life cycle – concept, design, build (code), deploy, test, release, and maintain unit, functional, and performance test automation. Partnering with our Architecture group to define and then develop robust and scalable architectures that comply with Costa Coffee and industry best-practices and standards. There is a pool table to hang out around but if you get the chance then can you also;
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities across a number of digital channels servicing a variety of popular devices.
- Provide support on key products should there be an incident / problem related to a product that's now live and requires a development fix.
- Fully participate in the relevant scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Accept joint responsibilities with the team for converting the Product backlog into 'Done' potentially releasable increments
What we are looking for:
You need be able to chill out in our relaxed and casual environment (there’s a free drinks fridge to help you out there). We also need you to be;
- Experienced in Native Android development: Android SDK, Java, familiar with MVP architecture, RX Java, Dagger
- Familiar agile development: design patterns, OOD, emergent architecture, tools like JIRA/Confluence, TDD
- Focused on continuous integration and deployment: Jenkins, Go, Travis, Git, etc.
- Able to cope with ambiguity and forge your own path
- Competent in business analysis
- Familiar with the following; Web services, Micro Services, Restful APIs, JSON, SOAP, XML/RPC
Working for Costa is about knowing what we stand for, standing out from the crowd, and not taking ourselves too seriously.
#nowisthemoment to apply.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'