Mid-Senior Software Engineer - Reigate
Description: Summary of Role
As a Software Engineer, you will work as part of a highly-skilled and close-knit development team following Scrum methodologies to develop market-leading insurance solutions.
This is a varied and challenging opportunity where you will play a key role creating new product features and enhancing existing code, whilst ensuring the product continues to meet high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
- Working with the Product Owner to define, refine and deliver the product backlog,
- Designing and documenting software solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements,
- Implementing and refactoring product code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests, developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices.
Qualifications: The Requirements
- Proficient in software development using C# .NET,
- Experience designing and implementing desktop applications, working with GUI standards and frameworks such as WPF or WinForms,
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment, maintenance,
- Experience with software engineering best practices: object-oriented design and implementation, design patterns, SOLID principles, Agile and Extreme Programming methodologies,
- Experience with software development tools: IDE’s, version control, test automation, continuous integration, defect and backlog management systems,
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations,
- Visual Studio Team Services and Git,
- Experience of unit and GUI test automation frameworks such as MS Test and Ranorex,
- Azure and Cloud Technologies,
- Passion for maths, statistics and complex algorithms.
A leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.
An equal opportunity employer
We believe that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Agile Methodologies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"