We are looking for motivated individual to join our UK based team. Don't miss a chance to become a part of Lenovo!
Lenovo Data Center Group is looking for a seasoned Microsoft-focused Technical Consultant for EMEA to join its Professional Services team. This position represents a rewarding opportunity to use your experience and skills in a dynamic, complex organization and to deliver across our major platforms & Microsoft technology stack.
You will be part of a worldwide technical team of consultants with subject matter expertise in Microsoft technologies. You will need to work as a technical contributor and a trusted advisor for our client base.
The ideal candidate has deep technical expertise and the ability to manage multiple complex projects and staff with minimal supervision and excellent initiative. Exposure to larger organizations and experience in both public and private companies are essential; excellent communication skills both publicly and with all our stakeholders (technical and executive, customers and internal to Lenovo) are required; consulting and senior management experiences also required.
- Providing technical consultancy leadership, assessments, design and implementation with a focus on Microsoft solutions - Server, Hyper-V, AD, SQL, System Centre, Azure Cloud and Azure Stack, Storage Spaces Direct (S2D).
- Cooperating with sales teams, architects and project managers, you'll also work closely with a range of clients at the highest levels across the retail, leisure, insurance & financial services sectors to name a few, helping to design and deliver IT infrastructure.
Solutions will vary from upgrade projects through to full data centre migrations or consolidations with a range of sizes from larger SME clients to large multinational corporations.
Ideal applicants will have a good, steady background in working with customers to assess, design and build Microsoft technology based Datacentre and IT Infrastructure solutions with experience of a range of the following technologies and products:
- Azure Stack;
- Hybrid Cloud;
- Storage Spaces Direct (S2D);
- Bash scripting;
- Windows Server 2016;
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory;
- Hyper-V Virtualisation;
- System Centre;
- SQL Server infrastructure.
Microsoft certifications are highly recommended and successful applicants should expect a level of travel across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to adapt to a multicultural working environment;
- Results oriented individual with high degree of autonomy and pro-active mentality;
- Fluency in English, additional languages an advantage;
- Willingness to travel based on the needs of the business (approx. 40%).
Lenovo is more than a global technology company. We’re a leader in genuine innovation, dreaming up - and building - the technology and services that enable and inspire progress around the world.
We’re the progressive thinkers, creative doers and endless tinkerers who will always challenge the traditional and who know true groundbreakers never stand still. We’re proud of what we’ve created already and even more excited about where we’re headed.
No matter what team you’re part of, from marketing to IT, this is the type of place where you can create real impact.
At Lenovo we strive to put more innovation in the hands of more people so they can do more amazing things.
- A multitude of professional and personal opportunities.
- An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forwarding thinking IT companies.
- Flat structures and fast decision-making processes.
- A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life.
- An international team with a high focus on Diversity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Active Directory
- Sql Server
- Windows Azure
- Cloud Storage
- Storage Solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job