We have an exciting opportunity for a Microservices Test Lead within our digital hub at Whitbread. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining automation frameworks, line managing, coaching and mentoring a small team, defect tracking, testing reporting and ensuring agile test automation principles are followed. This role is focussed specifically in Microservices Automation
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Lead the Automated Microservices testing in the team.
- Defines the automation standards within product area, methodologies, toolsets, technologies and ultimately ways of working for the team.
- Works closely with Agile Test Manager, Senior/ Developer in Test, DTL’s and Product Owner’s on a daily basis to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure the build of quality products.
- Acts as the champion of Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated testing to improve efficiencies.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Agile testing.
- Employs automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts amongst Testing Centre of Excellence on standards / tools / technologies / trends for automated testing.
- Works closely with the scrum team, particularly Dev Ops and the Developers for CI, to ensure that quality code can be released into live on a regular cycle.
- Creation and maintenance of appropriate test environment for automation, ensuring it is constantly efficient with support from Environment and Dev team
What we are looking for
- Solid experience of implementing RESTful Api/Microservices frameworks (SOAPUI)
- Background in Java development
- Test Lead experience of line management, mentoring, coaching and HR support of a small team (2-4 people)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Professionally recognised testing certification
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and Development team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job