Microservices Java Developer
New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Microservices Java Developer to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as our Microservices Java Developer
Two years ago, our vision was to create a ground breaking Data Intelligence Solution to provide insights into consumer habits and tackle fraud before it happens. We innovated, collaborated, and created a solution, which queries data in real time to catch fraud. We have now made inroads and rolled this solution out to numerous high-profile clients. The service is built using Java 8 Microservices with ElasticSearch and Drools engines utilised for the data storage, and tends to be used in a bespoke way by each client. The team works in two weekly sprints and one in every five sprints is dedicated for innovation. Our DevOps team continues to expand and this has created a unique opportunity for a Microservices Java Developer to join our team.
As a Microservices Java Developer, You will be an advocate of DevOps way of working, contributing at all stages of development - designing, building, testing, automating, and deploying solutions. You will have programming flair and passion for writing clean, maintainable Java code. You will have a knack for writing scripts to automate processes, aiming for efficiency, finding new ways to continuously learn & develop your technical skills. Working in a production environment will keep you challenged on a daily basis; adhering to agile/scrum engineering best practices. This highly collaborative role will need to work closely with stakeholders, end users, functional and technical team members, in order to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
You will have every opportunity to explore new tools & technologies during the innovation sprint, enriching our DevOps journey. There is an equal emphasis on training and development; we will support you through relevant courses & certifications. As an experienced developer, you will contribute to training juniors, apprentices, contributing to the future success of the business.
Technology Stack: Java 8, Microservices, Scrum, ElasticSearch, ActiveMQ, Spring 4, Amazon Web Services, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, GitHub, Packer, Gradle, Mockito, Cucumber.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Microservices Java Developer
- Proven people management experience in a technology-based team is essential
- Experience in technical delivery, preferably in a DevOps, Scrum, Agile team, supporting Software, or Application Development
- Background in Infrastructure, IT Management, Technology is essential
- Experience of leading teams, preferable in an Agile DevOps environment
- Demonstrable experience in communicating with internal, and external stakeholders ensuring timely service delivery
- A sheer Passion to explore technology solutions and drive innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve excellence
- An interest in Agile, and DevOps way of working
- Degree educated, in a related subject or equivalent career experience is essential
- Certified Scrum Master (Desirable)
- AWS Certified, Associate or Professional (Desirable)
- Experience in Big Data, and ElasticSearch (Desirable)
Benefits of becoming our Microservices Java Developer
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘apply’ today to become our Microservices Java Developer! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"