Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
* Carrying out, collection, analysis and reporting for all microbiological samples
* Sample collection, sample receipt, preparation of media, and analysis of all microbiological samples according to specific methods, reading and documenting test results on laboratory test result sheets and laboratory computer spreadsheets. Product release using laboratory computer systems. Carrying out quality control checks and calibration. Ensuring microbiology laboratory is clean and tidy.
Skills and ability (way in which knowledge is used):
Organisation - Organising daily tasks to optimise available time. Working in a neat and organised manner to minimise risk of sample contamination.
Prioritisation - prioritising tasks to be carried out in order of importance.
Quality and precision of paperwork and spreadsheet data - ensuring use of correct paperwork used and results recorded accurately.
Planning ahead - planning holiday cover, ordering stock and ensuring completion of required tasks in a given time period.
Understanding quality - Following procedures accurately without deviation, specially being aware and following of lab cleaning and health and safety requirements.
* Liaising with outside contractors and suppliers.
* Ensuring good relationships with suppliers and contractors in order to secure best possible service
* Building a good working relationship with other members of microbiology team to allow trouble free happy working, environment.
Initiative - role has minimum supervision and tasks must be organised by the Microbiology Technicians themselves to ensure most efficient use of time and resources.
* Reporting faulty equipment and organising repair where possible.
* Helping with the identification of likely sources of laboratory contamination.
* Highlighting any paper work problems and solving in collaboration with QA/ Micro administrator.
Health and safety
* Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environment performance by my own actions.
* Consider their own and others Health & Safety and comply with Health, Safety & Environmental standards at all times.
* Perform tasks, and operate / use equipment/machinery only to the level of their training and competence.
* Assess the Health, Safety & Environmental risks before they carry out tasks and seek advice if they are uncertain.
* Follow site rules / systems and not improvise or compromise where Health, Safety & Environmental standards could be jeopardised.
* Take action whenever I believe that any act, their own or others, contravenes Health, Safety & Environmental standards.
* Report all accidents, injuries, property damage and near misses.
* Organisational ability & GMP
* Materials stored in a safe and tidy manner
* Ensure that you comply with the Company's GMP Standard and wear the appropriate workwear correctly.
* All employees are responsible for ensuring that their workplace is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
Education / Experience
* Experience of working in a quality environment.
* Recent experience of hands-on working in a laboratory.
* Experience of working with minimal supervision to organise and carry out tasks.
* Experience with paper and computer record keeping and calibration of equipment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'