A new opportunity has emerged for a Microbiologist to join one of the biggest listed food companies in Britain, where 97% of the food they sell is made here in the UK, sourced sustainably from British suppliers.
Title: Microbiology Technician
Salary: To £23K
Contact: Alex Butcher
Reference No: 241AB
The role is to work as part of a team carrying out microbiological challenge testing studies in support of NPD and troubleshooting and also to support the business with microbial food safety and quality issues.
You will be performing challenge testing of products such as culture preparation, plate counting and sample preparation. Other duties include:
* pH and water activity analysis
* Respond to any microbial food safety issues in a timely and effective manner.
* Perform necessary housekeeping duties
* Work in accordance with ISO 17025
To be considered for this role you will need to have a minimum of 1-year experience in a UKAS accredited Food/Water Microbiology lab. You will have working knowledge of:
* LIMS and sample log in
* Sample preparation and dilution
* Product profiling - pH water activity analysis
* Media Plating
* Confirmation tests and pathogen detection tests
* Plate reading and reporting
* Challenge testing including culture/sample preparation inoculation techniques
Full on job training will be provided for candidates with lesser experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'