Teva is a multinational company engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of branded and generic pharmaceuticals. Each patient is our customer and deserves medicines of the highest quality. Quality of the highest standard is our business.
At Teva Runcorn we are proud of the reputation that we have earned for being able to commercialise new aseptic sterile products for our group in an agile, efficient and compliant manner. We manufacture sterile products for use in the treatment of respiratory conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
We employ over 400 people, working in roles encompassing everything from quality assurance, manufacturing operations, research and development, chemistry, engineering, microbiology, quality control & systems and packaging.
We are currently looking for a Microbiology Technician to join us in Runcorn. The purpose of this role is to provide data through micro-biological testing regimes, from which confidence in the sterility of the finished product can be founded.
Purpose of the role:
- Provide technical support to production on microbiological / hygiene and contamination control issues.
- Monitor specified environmental conditions within clean rooms and filling machines at the appropriate frequency. Batch summary reports, database trending.
- Undertake testing of key components. this includes testing of process samples, Raw Materials (within 2 days of receipt), T.V.A.C, Bacterial Endotoxin testing and Bacterial identification. All testing to be completed using good Aseptic technique. Results entered into the Microbiology Database. Anomalous results to be communicated to the Section leader.
- Undertake testing of Utility services (Water for Injection, Compressed Air,Cooling waters, Room Particle counting).
- Undertake testing filled product for Sterility in accordance with USP/EP specifications.
- Control of type cultures and in house Media QC, Media preparation and use of the autoclave. Team leader / Level 2 or 3 Technician document review.
- Documentation. All documentation must be completed in real time and in full. Procedural review and update. Compile Quality department reports to solve microbiological issues. Complete Performance Qualification documentation to the required standard. Responsible for upkeep of own training records. Team leader review.
- Provide advice to the manufacturing department on microbial, hygiene and contamination control. Feedback from other departments
- Consistently demonstrate required behaviours (teamwork, attention to detail etc) Team leader / QC manager review
Applicants should have the following experience / qualifications:
- Preferably degree qualified or HND in Biology / Biological sciences, or equivalent
- Strong laboratory experience knowledge including GMP.
- Able to communicate both orally and in the written format to personnel at all levels.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the need for quality which will be derived from the attention to detail.
- Ideally computer literate and familiar with such programs as Word, Excel etc.
In return we will offer you a clean, safe and professional environment where you will be rewarded for your dedication and given the opportunity to really contribute. We look to develop and progress our team through the business and provide a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement and benefits.
At Teva, we’re leading the way in our industry and we’re doing this through collaboration and creativity; by asking questions and challenging the norm; and by taking pride in our purpose of improving people’s health. To join us, please apply now!
- Manufacturing Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'