We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter" in establishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
- Flexibility is important due to the nature of the work we do- we work shift patterns which include late evenings and some week-ends.
Please note that previous lab experience is not essential, as full training as part of a career development plan will be give.
Due to the location of our site and the hours of work, it is not always possible to get to us via public transport, so the ability to make your own way to work is essential.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a leading global organisation
- Clear career development and progression
- Competitive salary with good earning potential
- A full training program
- The chance to learn new skills
- In work benefits package
A role at Eurofins is all about team work, working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Preparation of media in line with methods and standards.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Any other duties requested by the Team Leaders