Microbiology Laboratory Technician
£15,600 per annum
My client is one of the UK's leading pharmaceutical companies, based in Ely, and are looking to recruit a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join their team.
The Microbiology Laboratory Technician will be based at the Ely site and will be reporting into the Microbiology Lab Manager.
The purpose of the role is to:
* Assist in the microbiology laboratory testing of pharmaceutical products
* Assist with the daily checks, calibrations and media QC
* Aid workflow in the laboratory in order to meet customer and internal requirements
Key responsibilities of the Microbiology Laboratory Technician include:
* Sample analysis - testing samples for TVCs and pathogens
* Weighing samples and performing serial dilutions
* Identifying pathogens and sub-culturing broths
* Data entry on LIMS
* Plate reading and calculating results
* Challenge testing
* Equipment checks and calibration
Candidate essential criteria:
* Must have a BSc or equivalent in Microbiology or a related scientific discipline
* Must have a keen eye for detail and the ability to use own initiative
* Good communication skills and an ability to accurately follow methods
* Previous lab experience in microbiological analysis is preferred
* Previous GMP experience is preferred
For more information on the role please apply online or alternatively email a copy of your CV to or call .
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job