Microbiology Lab Technician
Donnington Laboratories is a small, busy, independent contract lab specialising in the testing of personal care products, foods, and household products. We are based in Chichester, West Sussex, and are looking for a Laboratory Technician to complement our microbiological team of seven full and part time staff. We are looking to fill the postion due to a increased volume of testing.
Start as soon as possible.
The post will comprise a range of typical laboratory tasks including:
- preparing microbiological media and reagents
- carrying out the microbiological testing of samples in accordance with standard test methods
- reading test results and ensuring that test data is accurately and properly reported
- assisting with laboratory housekeeping and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) accreditation requirements
Full training in the company’s systems and procedures will be provided.
- have a degree or equivalent in microbiology or closely related discipline
OR significant microbiology laboratory experience
- have a high level of accuracy & attention to detail
- enjoy practical benchwork and be a problem solver
- have excellent numeracy, good literacy, and clear handwriting
- work co-operatively and effectively in a small team, able to show initiative when needed
- be flexible in addressing the varying needs of a small business
- commit to providing an excellent service to our clients
Details of the post
Contract: 12 months fixed term - with an option to become permanent.
Work times: 5 days per week on 4 weekly rotation:
Monday to Friday alternating with Saturday to Wednesday
37.5 hours per week with paid daily break plus paid overtime if applicable
(start at 9:00 or 9:30 am)
Paid leave: 28 days per annum (includes Bank/public holidays)
NB: Donnington Labs is not able to employ any candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK.
All applicants must be in a position to accept employment without infringement of their immigration status.
To start the application:
Email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the post.
Suitable candidates will be asked to complete a company application form before proceeding to interview.
- Communication Skills
- Team working
- Excellent numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail/accuracy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'