Excellent opportunity for a Microbiology Lab Manger with experience in Water Microbiology testing!
This is a permanent opportunity paying competitive salary!
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to an international food testing company based in Surrey area. In this role you will be managing the microbiology laboratories on a day to day basis.
- Provide technical support to the water Microbiology testing team in terms of testing, microbial identification and sample plating.
- Efficient operation of the laboratory, ensuring optimum staff covers.
- To manage the team, including recruitment, training and development, mentoring, motivation and disciplinary matters.
- Drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Ensuring samples are processed in accordance with client procedure and that turnaround times are met.
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the company standard.
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
- Degree in microbiology or higher
- Understanding of ISO, UKAS, audit procedures and methods.
- Proven operational experience and team management, minimum of 12 months demonstrated within Water Microbiology testing environment.
- Good laboratory skills and practices as well as Microbiology techniques
- Proven project management skills and experience, lean production principles
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position, then please apply online or contact Pabudu on or Email to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
- team leader
- Microbiology manager
- microbiology lab manager