Microbiologist’s responsibilities include:
- Conducting microbiological tests through the manufacturing process across all stages of production.
- Working with senior technologists and supervisors to organize shift and task schedules.
- Performing testing using appropriate laboratory equipment and facilities (bioburden, sterility, endotoxin).
- Leading your assigned line of testing (in rotation) for investigations, continuous improvement, training and troubleshooting requirements (you have ownership of a function which rotates every 6 months).
- Participating in any required laboratory investigations to support GMP infrastructure including Sterility Assurance function when required.
- Following GLP, GMP and GDP standards in addition in house standards and requirements. Supporting continuous improvements in the laboratories through collaboration with peers.
- Actively participating in audits ensuring that EHS and 6S requirements are adhered to.
- Providing support for the supervisor and managers in any reasonable requests relating to the laboratory functions.
- Completing any required documents/ paperwork relating to testing.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- BSc or equivalent in Microbiology / Food Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Pharmaceutical / microbiology laboratory.
- High volume bioburden testing experience.
- Sterility and endotoxin testing experience.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job