MI Development Lead
London, EC3A 3BP
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The MI Development Lead will lead a team of in house developers to Build new MI systems, enhance existing systems and oversee the development work of the off shore Accenture MI team.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Shape the Development team. Create best practice ways of working and process
- Lead and coach team members, create training plans and ways to continually enhance the output of the team
- Help develop the MI Systems strategy
- Lead the High level and Detailed design of MI systems
- Lead the Development and UT of MI system development
- Lead R&D for new MI technologies and approaches
- Define an effective review and guidance process with the Accenture managed services team
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in development of MI and Data Warehouse solutions in the Insurance Industry.
- Proven Development team leadership experience
- Highly proficient in full stack SQL 2016
- Proficient in Tableau and Power BI development
- Proven appetite for the R&D and implementation of new MI technologies including Big Data platforms
- Experience in Development in both a waterfall and agile methodology
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
- MI Analysis
- MI Development