60 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product line of over 25,000 items - Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their businesses.
The MI & Data Analyst is a newly created role. You will act as a trusted partner to senior managers in the HR function, and will be responsible for ensuring robust financial control, providing insightful and action-oriented analysis, and developing the financial awareness of this function. The role will deliver internal management and financial reporting and analysis to agreed deadlines, as well as providing guidance and support for business managers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a successful business as a time of significant change. Working in the HR and Finance team, you will get exposure to senior management and commercial and operational teams across Bestway, and your work will make an impact from day one.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a trusted partner to the HR Director and other senior managers, ensuring that they receive sufficient financial and non-financial performance information to monitor progress and inform decision-making
- Building strong working relationships, allowing you to challenge, influence and become a key participant in decision making processes
- Enhancing the financial control and reporting for HR data and management information across the business, covering payroll and other costs as well as KPIs related to recruitment, retention and performance
- Working closely with the FD and Head of Commercial Finance to drive overall financial performance
- Delivering robust and accurate HR financial and non-financial information to the month end and other regular reporting processes, and supporting budgeting, forecasting and planning activities as required
- Identifying trends from HR data, assessing the impacts on business performance and presenting the findings and recommendations to senior management
- Overseeing HR systems to continually improve data integrity and security, and providing support and guidance to all users of our HR systems
Personal and professional competencies:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Experience in an HR/Finance business partnering role, ideally with a wholesale, retail or FMCG organisation, and excellent understanding of key concepts and business drivers in the sector
- Advanced MS Excel and Office skills, comfortable with HR systems, and with a demonstrable track record of contributing to IT projects that enhance management information and HR processes
- Ability to prioritise and managed a varied workload in order to meet deadlines
- Able to identify opportunities to improve processes, outputs and ways of working
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
We offer an attractive benefits package including an excellent salary commensurate with experience, bonus, company car and fuel card, private healthcare, contributory pension, free on-site parking and gym and a Depot Membership Shopping Card.