Harris Westminster Sixth Form is looking to hire a qualified Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish) teacher for September 2018 who is both passionate about preparing London’s most able state school students for entry to the world’s top universities and is keen to join a highly academic and successful department.
A 2016 Ofsted inspection found Harris Westminster Sixth Form to be Outstanding in all areas, confirming our status as London’s leading state sixth form for able students. Harris Westminster combines the strengths of Westminster School in teaching academically able students with the Harris Federation’s experience in establishing and running outstanding maintained sector schools. We take full advantage of our location just off Parliament Square to provide students with a vibrant and stimulating academic environment including weekly guest lectures in school. We are highly over-subscribed, academically selective and have a varied student cohort including 40% Pupil Premium. 17 students from our 2016/17 cohort went on to study at Oxbridge. We are looking for outstanding individuals to join this exciting and scholarly community.
We are looking for a French and Spanish teacher with:
- Enthusiasm, passion, outstanding subject knowledge and a consistent drive to teach beyond A*
- Vision, presence and clarity
- A love of learning and a desire to further your knowledge both within and outside your subjects
- The ability to deliver consistently good (or better) lessons
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach some of the brightest young minds in London and open up the world’s most prestigious universities to them
- Support, CPD and networking with subject experts at Westminster School and from across the Harris Federation
- A positive and innovative learning environment where teaching is spread across six days per week
- Opportunities to deliver Cultural Perspectives classes in areas of knowledge that are of particular interest to you
- Excellent prospects for future promotion
As part of the Harris Federation, you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation with superb professional development and promotion opportunities within both the Sixth Form and the Harris Federation. If you are committed to the learning and well-being of London’s teenagers, we welcome your application. We also offer places with Initial Teacher Education leading to QTS and PGCE over one or two years.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.