Metrology Technical Lead
Do you have experience working in a Metrology Technical role? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Metrology Technical Lead to support the growth of the business based in our Guildford office.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our Physical Digital team as a Metrology Technical Lead, you will take a primary role in a range of technical metrology projects. This will include significant client facing service work and internal technical development projects supporting our design and engineering team. The work will be conducted at both our internal metrology laboratory and customer manufacturing facilities which can include travel and overnight stays. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Mentoring a team of Metrology Engineers ensuring metrology best practice.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with the day-to-day supervision of the metrology business, including resourcing and planning.
- Managing the metrology quoting system and providing accurate quotes to customers.
- Developing the internal metrology processes and procedures.
- Liaising with the Design Engineering department on joint projects.
- Liaising with colleagues within Trescal on shared opportunities.
- Undertaking 3D data capture using primarily the GOM - TRITOP Photogrammetry and ATOS 3D Structured Light scanning sensor
- Delivering complex technical inspection reports.
- Taking day to day responsibility for project management.
- Communicating metrology results and delivering technical presentations to clients.
- Providing input into technical meetings and discussions.
- Promoting and develop 3D measurement opportunities at customer sites.
- Upholding companies QMS standards including ISO9001, Nadcap7130 and Nadcap 7004.
- Working away from the office attending client sites and overnight stays, primarily within the UK.
Our ideal candidate
To become our Metrology Technical Lead, you will need to possess a degree or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline although candidates with other academic qualifications combined with relevant experience will also be considered. You will also need:
- Relevant experience using metrology systems
- Strong understanding of manufacturing drawings and relevant standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel)
- A natural problem solver with excellent technical and analytical skills and understanding of statistics
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet project goals
- A full driving licence is essential as regular significant national travel is expected
Other desirable skills may include:
- Working theoretical knowledge of GOM measurement systems (ATOS & TRITOP) and software
- Knowledge of Polyworks inspection software
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software
- Understanding of automated measurement systems and processes
- Experience with laser tracking technologies
- Programming or scripting (mainly Python)
- Experience with industry standards NADCAP/AS9100/AS9102
- Working towards professional registration
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Metrology Technical Lead, you will be offered a highly competitive salary. We also deliver exciting and varied projects opportunities, recognise, reward, and develop expertise, support and mentoring for professional registration and provide a rewarding and ethical work environment.
About the company
Physical Digital has recently been acquired by the Trescal group. We are forward-thinking company, focusing on the use, design, development and implementation of metrology systems into high value manufacturing processes. We have a team of experts who each bring specialist knowledge across the fields of design, metrology and reverse engineering. Working across a range of industries including, aerospace, automotive, energy and manufacturing which offers a diverse and rewarding engineering environment to work.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Metrology Technical Lead, click apply today to register your interest.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'