Metrology Equipment Service Engineer
A Metrology equipment service engineer is required for a world wide manufacturer of bespoke equipment. The role includes a base salary of up to £30K, plus overtime after 39hrs per week, paid door to door for all hours, company car with personal mileage, pension and healthcare all included.
The company are a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, with expertise in sensing, thinking and acting - the collection, analysis and active use of measurement data. Supplying engineering and manufacturing solutions all over the UK, including the aerospace, automotive and motorsport industries.
Responsible for providing technical service and support (Service, Calibration, Repair and Installation) for all core and non-core products. This role will include travel within UK & Ireland (and occasionally Europe). Delivering all Service work on cost, on time and to required quality while maintaining company objectives and core values.
Reporting to the UK Service Manager key responsibilities include -
- Assembly and installation of new equipment and routine maintenance, servicing, calibration and repair carried out to manufacture's specifications; working within customer and client MI UK Health and safety guide lines
- Working with advanced robot technology with sensor and laser guiding/scanning equipment
- Carry out fault diagnosis to module or component level and provide a written report with faults and list of part need for repair
- Works with the customer to encourage preventative maintenance where appropriate.
- Develops breadth of competency, training others as required.
- Maintaining updating customer, equipment and job records on the relevant systems.
- Where authorised carry out calibration and issue appropriate certifications.
- Offer support and help, information and skills to your team members, sharing knowledge as appropriate.
- Maintain high standard of ethical behaviour, build and maintain working relationships with fellow engineers. Sharing best practices and improvement ideas
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Minimum Level 2 in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Previous experience with repair or maintenance of automated or robot/laser guided technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships with customers on site
- Good administration and organizational skills, maintaining own timesheets and service paperwork
- Proficient with Windows software and machine programme languages
- Clean drivers license
- Flexibility towards overtime and call outs for emergency breakdowns
A background within the Metrology industry is a distinct advantage, or previous experience with testing calibration equipment.
Applicants MUST be prepared to work in various locations of the UK, all service, commission and install projects are scheduled 4 weeks in advance with a view to keeping engineers as regional as possible, but on occasions engineers will be expected to travel all over the UK with overnight stays dependent urgent breakdowns. Travel to head office in Italy will be required after probation is completed, to receive 2 weeks training at the manufacturing site, all fully expensed by the company.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary between £28K - £30K Basic (negotiable for the right person)
Overtime paid after 8hrs per day, at 1.25 weekday, and 1.75 for weekends
Company car and fuel card, allowed for personal use at weekends
Mobile Phone, laptop and PDA
25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidaya
Contributory Pension scheme
2x Death in service life cover
Opt in healthcare cashplan
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
- field service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job