An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Method Development Analytical Scientist at a world-class Pharmaceutical company, based in Macclesfield. The ideal candidate will have some experience in, and will provide analytical support to, drug substance development projects, from early phase through to clinical filings, and ideally come from a GMP environment. The opportunity will either be in the Chemical Drug Substance Development or the Product Development department, depending on experience.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Perform release analysis to cGMP
- Provide direct analytical support to process chemists
- Develop and validate analytical methods
- Provide technical support to in-market Active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Liaise and communicate with both internal colleagues and external partners
- Depending on skills and experience: perform duties in project management and authoring of key analytical documents (e.g. Analytical Testing Plans, method/validation protocols)
Skills and qualifications:
- Chemical Drug Substance Development role: BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry
- Product Development role: BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant analytical scientific discipline
- Experience in Method Development and Method Validation is essential
- Previous industry experience in a similar development laboratory role or knowledge of the drug development process highly desirable
- Experience with a variety of modern analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC
- Additional techniques such as NMR and LC-MS highly desirable
- Experience and knowledge of GMP and API analysis
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and documentation skills
You will be working for an innovative company in excellent, fast-paced surroundings with state of the art instrumentation. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits and strong career progression paths.
If you’re interested please feel free to send in your CV or call Harriet at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
- Analytical Chemistry
- API development
- Analytical Method Validation
- Method Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job