Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, is currently seeking a Metering Technician to join their established and experienced Metering team.
Reporting to the Metering Engineer this role is responsible for maintenance, repair and testing of all fiscal measurement systems to ensure efficient, reliable and safe standards on all installations.
Working as part of the wider team you will ensure safe working conditions in all day to day operations, with special emphasis on maintenance tasks, regulatory compliance, preventative maintenance and calibration activities.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a desire to achieve both personal and organisational goals. A high level of computer literacy is required, as is the need for excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is based at Dimlington. Although flexibility will be needed to work on and offshore as operationally required. This role operates a rota of 7 days on 7 days off 12 hour shifts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance, calibration and management of all fiscal measurement equipment at the terminal in accordance with Regulator and Commercial requirements
- Operation of and maintenance of online Gas Chromatographs and sample systems
- Taking of gas and liquid samples for measurement and environmental purposes
- Complete scheduled maintenance activities as per the maintenance management system
- Manage and maintain inventory of critical spares and stock equipment
- Provide assistance for ongoing projects, working with vendors and sub-contractors as required.
- Develop and review operational and maintenance procedures
- Work with partner and regulator auditors and representatives to ensure compliance with the commercial agreements and relevant regulations
The sucessful candidate will ideally have a time served apprenticeship in measurement / instrumentation with ONC/HNC/HND in relevant discipline. Experience in the operation and maintenance of a variety of flow measurement technologies is essential.
You will ideally have previous experience in an onshore / offshore measurement technician role.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job