Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Metering Operations Coordinator to join our Metering Operations Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
This role is to support the delivery of Gas & Electric Metering related services within the Metering Team. You will be both customer and service provider facing, ensuring First Utility’s customers are receiving the best possible service.
The role day to day
- Receiving inbound and making outbound Customer Contact via telephony/written correspondence (letter & email) to customers who require work to their metering equipment
- Support the management of external Service Providers to deliver metering services on behalf of First Utility
- Manage and resolve internal enquiries/complaints within the appropriate SLA time frame
- Handle inbound incident calls collating information, identify the root cause of issues, log emergency engineer calls with service providers and redirecting enquiries
- Sending of customer communications via email/phone/letter to ensure an end to end customer experience
- Collate and provide daily/weekly/monthly MI
- Support the planning and scheduling of customer appointments, liaise with service providers to ensure a successful end completion
- Work closely with other internal departments to quickly resolve issues and prevent further occurrences
- Answer telephone enquiries in a professional and helpful manner
- Booking meter works via external service provider portals
- Working of additional work stream pots i.e. internal ticketing system (Jira, Trouble Ticket, Metering Mailboxes, VIP, Customer Driven)
- Championing our core values (typified by being 'Customer First’), and ensuring that you display these in every aspect of your role
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Work in a manner that demonstrates health and safety
- Ensure the interests of customers are at the forefront of everything we do and aspire to achieve a 'right 1st time’ approach
- Always exercise Duty of Care
- Ensure customers receive a world-class service
- Ensure all services are provided to full internal and external customer satisfaction
What you’ll need to help you make the best of the role
- Experience in working in a customer service based environment
- Ability to handle escalations, expressions of dissatisfaction and complaints
- Display a friendly and positive attitude
- Data collection and documentation skills
- Professional, pro-active approach with good communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and competent with Microsoft applications
What you’ll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it’s important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.