Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, is currently seeking a Metering Engineer to join their established and experienced Metering team.
This is an onshore role based in Norwich with the requirement to travel to other sites and to our offshore operations as needed. Working hours are Monday - Friday.
Reporting to the Metering Team Leader, you will be a technical lead providing engineering support to the engineers and technicians. The primary function of this position is to prioritise, plan and schedule maintenance work for a standalone team, to comply with current legislation and commercial agreements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical guidance for new metering systems and the upgrading of existing systems.
- Direct involvement in FEED and OGA PON applications/submissions.
- Review of work packs including functional design specifications, design, and procurement for new projects/equipment. Planning of work load and progress of works, procurement of necessary materials meeting precise specifications & lead times, developing detailed work packs for installation & providing support primarily for onshore and occasional offshore assets with ad-hoc offshore visits as required.
- Liaise with third party suppliers, customers & both independent & Government regulatory body auditors coordinating visits to various installations to demonstrate system compliance.
- Attend audits and provide audit action responses.
- Arrange third party calibrations on or off site and witness when required to ensure compliance.
- Control and monitoring of measurement quantity & quality system equipment including audits / inspections / surveys to check compliance with relevant standards, codes of practice and client requirements.
- Assist in the management of work orders, manpower hours, maintenance scheduling and spares.
- Effective planning of shutdown maintenance scopes and associated manpower/vendors.
- Keep aware of current and new metering technologies and developments and make recommendations for improvements or cost savings as appropriate.
- Represent the Metering Team in any meetings or discussions as directed.
- Provide technical guidance by providing fault diagnosis & restorative work on metering systems and associated equipment.
- Assist with the management of Metering Technicians including holiday requests, performance reviews, sickness cover and resolving of issues that may affect the team’s performance.
- Mentoring and training of support engineers, technicians and apprentices.
The ideal candidate will be HNC / HND qualified, with previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry and a sound knowledge of metering, and engineering practices.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to become part of the established and experienced Metering Team.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd