We have an excellent opportunity for career-driven individuals to live and work throughout Selkirk and the surrounding areas as Meter Readers/Data Collectors.
IN ORDER TO MEET THE CRITERIA FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE A CAR AND A HOME LANDLINE
Meter Readers/Data Collectors are responsible for recording readings from gas and electric meters, inspecting meters and collecting other types of data. You will be working on behalf of a number of utility suppliers, working to deadlines, planning your work to meet deadlines and targets, and recording information in an honest and accurate way. You will be a field-based lone worker so you will need to be comfortable working by yourself and have good local knowledge of Selkirk and the surrounding areas.
You will need to be physically fit as you will be on your feet for most of the day, sometimes walking more than 8 miles. Full training is provided by our client as well as uniform.
You will be engaged on a 37-hour week paid at the rate of £7.83 per hour with the opportunity to participate in a bonus scheme based on achieveable outcomes from your work. This bonus scheme has unlimited potential for high performing staff. The required shifts are Tuesday to Friday 12pm-8pm and Saturday 9am-4.30pm. Any business mileage incurred will be reimbursed at the rate of 35p pence per mile.
You will need the following key criteria:
* Computer literacy as you will be using a hand-held computer
* The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
* A flexible approach to tasks and working hours
* Competency in numeracy and literacy
* Customer orientation
* Smart and friendly and a professional approach to work
* Hold a full EU driving licence with maximum 6 points
* Have your own car with business insurance cover
* Access to a live telephone landline in order to use a modem
* Good local knowledge of Selkirk and the surrounding areas
In order to be successful you must be able to pass the screening and vetting standards, including a 5-year checkable history and criminal record check. You must be able to prove right to work in the UK and provide a National Insurance number.
If you feel this opportunity is the job for you, please apply today at www.cipmetering.com or alternatively contact the CIP team on .