Greenbean are looking for Meter Readers based in IP26-28 postcode and surrounding areas. This is a fantastic role for someone who loves the outdoors and is self-motivated to work independently.
The role of a Meter Reader is to read gas and electricity meters using a hand-held electronic device, and other equipment. Some supporting administrative work is also required. There is a great deal of flexibility with this role, as a Meter Reader you will plan your own route, manage your schedule and workload to achieve the targets set for the week by your field delivery manager.
- As this is a customer facing role you must be approachable, presentable, and polite and act as an ambassador for the company
- This is an active role which therefore will need to walk between properties
- As you will work alone you will be required to plan and manage your own time and workload
- You will be expected to use your initiative and report any dangerous meter installations or suspected signs of tampering
- Ability to work to targets
What will you need:
- You will be supported through a full training programme to ensure you can conduct your role to the required standards in-line with Health and Safety requirements
- No unspent criminal convictions
- A desire to work outdoors
- You will be walking from property to property so you will need a good understanding of the local area
- Friendly and professional approach to work
- The drive and motivation to work in an independent role
- Live within a commutable distance to the postcode area you will cover
- Valid full UK drivers’ licence & own vehicle
Full training is provided so experience is not necessary
Full time: Optional 40, 42 or 45 hours.
Flexible between 8am - 8pm Monday - Sunday
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'