We are looking for a Structural and Architectural Metalwork estimator to calculate
costs of construction projects, the work will include pricing all elements of complex
projects: i.e. Manufacturing and site labour costs, components such as balconies,
balustrades, railing, structural glazing, gates etc.
The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with numbers and analytical. You will be
working closely with the Managing Director and must have great attention to detail
and excellent communication skills.
The goal is to provide the company and clients with accurate costs information.
To meet timings for client quotations and help in strategic planning.
1. Proven experience as an estimator
2. Understanding of accounting and project management
3. Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation
4. Comfortable with numbers and technology
5. Great attention to detail
6. Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
7. Well-organized and reliable
8. Able to work with minimum supervision within the senior management team
1. Review and determining the client projects scope.
2. Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
3. Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
4. Analysing company data and prices using company bespoke packages.
5. Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
6. Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
7. Foster relationships with Clients and key vendors i.e. subcontractors,
Reporting to: Managing Director
Start date: Feb 2018
Probation period: 3 months
Normal hours: 8.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday
20 Days Holiday + National and Bank Holidays
Work place pension
Salary dependent on experience
Please send cv's over to or contact the office on
Proven track record
Experience in metalwork estimating and calculation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job