The Metallurgy Laboratory and Development Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the laboratory, and leading the Forensic Metallurgy team.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with health and safety, quality assurance, environmental best-practice.
* Supervise, train and delegate work to Forensic Metallurgist, Forensic Technician and technical trainees (such as apprentices, graduates and students) to enable them to fulfil an appropriate technical role and ensure they fully comply with the specified safe working procedures and Business Management System.
* In conjunction with the Research & Forensic Metallurgy Technical Manager, identify and allocate appropriate resources to support i) the resolution of manufacturing and metallurgical problems, ii) product and process development activities and iii) resolution of customer concerns.
* Liaise with both the Principal Researcher and the Manager Test Houses and Laboratories to ensure the Business has adequate testing equipment and investigative expertise to deliver both routine release needs, and product and process development aspirations.
* Maintain and develop own technical expertise by keeping up to date with relevant technical literature and maintaining an awareness of similar work being performed by competitors, universities or other research establishments; and the attendance of relevant forums and committees.
* Develop enhanced investigative techniques and recommend new investigative techniques based on future and emerging technologies. Develop the facility to meet known and projected business needs.
* Generate, analyse, record and report metallurgical information from a variety of sources producing accurate technical information; the purpose of which is to contribute to the resolution of manufacturing and metallurgical problems, support product and process developments and support customer concern resolution.
* Manage external research partners, projects or programmes and coordinate networking opportunities in support of both the Research and Forensic Metallurgy Department and the wider Technical function.
* Manage and implement an intellectual property system across the technical function and potentially business wide.
* On occasion the job holder will be expected to deputise for the Research and Forensic Metallurgy Technical Manager.
Elevation Recruitment Group are keen to speak to candidates with the following experience:
* Qualified to a PhD, Masters or first degree standard in Metallurgy, Materials, Metallurgical Engineering or relevant Scientific discipline, with membership of an appropriate professional institute preferred.
* Previous experience of managing a laboratory or research team in a related field, organisation or industry.
* The ability to communicate effectively on metallurgical, production and quality issues both verbally and in writing with a variety of stakeholders.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'