A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. You will be a qualified and / or experienced engineer with skills in metallurgy in particular.
- To undertake preparation and testing of materials
- To develop the skills and knowledge to analyse metals and make recommendations to their processing
- Evaluating customer returns, issuing technically accurate metallurgical reports
- Investigating metal corrosion, failure and fatigue
- Providing technical support for our sintering, roll bonding and casting processes
- Liaising with technical teams both in Europe and Japan on issues related to the manufacture of sintered and roll bonded materials
- Ensuring that the specifications, tolerances and working procedures for the any new or revised processes are fully documented and that the production, maintenance and laboratory staff are fully trained in the operation of the new equipment and processes
- Ensuring all quality standards within the laboratory are achieved and maintained.
- Propose and review new and emerging metallurgical technologies in Europe and prepare assessment report for Daido Metal Japan.
- Minimum requirement of a degree in Materials Science / Metallurgy or a similar discipline
- Ideally post graduate with previous relevant working experiences with non-ferrous alloy
- FMEA/LEAN manufacturing experience
- Experience of mechanical testing, metrology and microscopy
- A sound knowledge of metallurgical processes in a production environment is necessary
- Experience of sintering, heat treatment, roll bonding or casting would be an advantage
- A sound knowledge of general laboratory skills
- The ability to travel from time to time, ideally holding a full driving license
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- You will be a self-motivated, well organised individual with the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to demonstrate a proven track record of successful problem solving skills is essential
26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Working Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 1.20pm Friday. 37.50 hours/week plus additional hours where necessary and occasional travel
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job