Technical resource focused on process control and product activities
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead projects to improve product quality and/or decrease cost (eg. Yield, Right First Time).
• Interface with customers on defining technical requirements and resolving customer problems.
• Work closely with operations to resolve internal technical problems.
• Establish and monitor KPIs for key process operations.
• Assist Product Metallurgists with issues arising from processing problems.
Skills, Experience & Qualification
• Batchelor’s Degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant industrial environment with demonstrable experience within the aerospace, oil and gas or power generation sector.
• A solid understanding of the physical metallurgy of steel and nickel based alloys.
• Demonstrable experience of hot working processes.
• Demonstrable experience of OEM customer quality systems.
• Knowledge and application of improvement tools and techniques – RCCA, problem solving, error proofing, RAA, SPC.
• Experience of vacuum induction melting.
• Experience of consumable electrode remelting.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job