Brewster Pratap Engineering are delighted to be working with an engineering business in Sheffield as they look to recruit a Metallurgist.
Main Purpose of Job:
Provide technical support to all departments within the Aerospace sector. Departments include, Mechanical Testing (Inc. machining) and Chemical Analysis. They will also discuss technical aspects of work orders with the clients. This could involve discussing a project to ascertain what would be the best cause of action to take and what specification they would need to work to.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Provide expertise in the field of engineering materials across diverse applications
- Lead technology projects to ensure effective execution to agreed timescales and costs
- Review technical standards as well as write and review procedures
- Lead the laboratory in accordance with internal procedures, quality systems and health & safety system
- Plan and manage test programmes
- Identify, define and develop new business opportunities
- Take responsibility for the technical operation of the laboratory
- Support and coach team members
- Control and manage the laboratory's technical budget
- Assisting in areas outside of base laboratory - e.g. technical management of other laboratories
- Experience of mechanical testing
- Previously worked in a laboratory environment
- Degree or higher in Engineering preferably Metallurgy/Materials engineering
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Testing
- Quality Assurance