Applications are sought for a Product MetallurgicalTechnician. Reporting to the Product Test Dept Supervisor, the successful applicant will be part of an important small team who help to develop new products and proof test existing assemblies to ensure that they are fit for purpose and safe for continued use in customers’ railways around the globe.
Working as part of the Companies Product Line, the Worksop Test Facility is established as the group centre of excellence for rail fastening assembly and associated metallugical/test and development work. As part of the product metallurgical/test dept, the workload comes partly from the customer facing business units (EMEA, APAC, North America, etc) and partly from internal new product developments.
• To safely and efficiently assemble and disassemble our products noting and reporting any issues
• To carry out metallurgical and test products and assemblies
• To communicate metallurgical/test results and findings to the relevant internal customers and in written metallurgical test reports
• To understand, create and implement test programs to meet test requirements
• To act as an ambassador for the company during customer witness tests in the metallurgical dept, Worksop, or at off-site third-party testing facilities
• To investigate and / or develop new metallurgical techniques and technologies
• To undertake field metallurgcical/testing and product support activities on rail installations
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• Educated preferably to HNC or Degree in an Metallurgy, Materials/Engineering discipline
• Knowledge and experience of servo-hydraulic, or similar, metallurgical equipment
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'