To work as part of a small team providing administration support to metallurgical Services and the Quality Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Acceptance of incoming test material – confirming cast identities, position and dimensions
• Interaction with all members of the laboratory staff including machine shop, technicians and supervision
• Basic programming using customer database
• Production of testing instructions
• Control of sub-contractor heat treatment certification
• Production and validation of internal and external accounts
• Confirmation of internal certificates against the relevant specification.
• General office administration
• Safety documentation –process review forms, distribute to team leader / supervision and process completed reviews
• Work to provide results in a timely manner in accordance with planned dates.
• Communicate well with team colleagues and technical supervision.
• Assist with improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase laboratory efficiency.
Quality Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Controls the registration, issue and retention of Quality documents including procedures, drawings, forms, specifications etc.
• Controls the registration, issue and retention of Health, Safety and Environmental documents including procedures and risk assessments etc.
• Controls the archiving of Quality documents and process records and Health, Safety and Environmental documents.
• Supports the implementation of automated document management system
Candidates from a Certification support background with a metals/metallurgy based industry would be highly advantageous.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS INNITIALLY A MATERNITY LEAVE COVER FOR 9 MONTHS (FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business