Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are pleased to be working with a Sheffield based metals manufacturing business as they look to appoint the newly created position of Metallurgical Manager to sit within the senior management team and oversee a small team of Metallurgists.
This is an exciting new position reporting into the Director and working closely with the rest of the Senior Managers on site.
The business are keen to add someone with strong metallurgical knowledge to the team and a strong leader who can manage the team.
As Metallurgical Manager, you will control the critical key to quality metallurgical; aspects of the business.
The duties of the position will include:
- Manage the charge calculation process, the routine technical order entry and production compliance operations.
- Define, control and implement new products, processes and materials, with particular attention to the control of high risk to customer quality aspects.
- Execute mechanisms and systems to identify improvements required from the market.
- Provide technical information to assist the sales function
- Implement techniques to control key to quality characteristics and identify failing processes
- Manage the charge calculation process to agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Perform metallurgical developments identified through customer requirements and internal monitoring processes.
- Control the introduction and use of high risk to quality materials and consumables.
- Implement statistical monitoring techniques for key to customer quality characteristics.
- Develop liaison mechanisms for identifying customer/market development needs through the sales function.
- Conduct key to quality metallurgical awareness briefings for all employees.
- Provide technical support to all other departments
The business is looking for a strong Metallurgist with a Metallurgical or related degree or significant practical experience in a technical related role.
You will need knowledge of the physical metallurgy of super alloys and an understanding of the master melt and investment casting supply chain.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience metallurgist to progress their career with an excellent business who can offer a strong salary and benefits package.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.