Our client is a fast growing company in the West Midlands and they are looking to recruit an experienced metal polisher due continued growth. The successful candidate must be able to use various polishing equipment to obtain the correct desired polished finish and lustre on parts and products that are produced. To be successful in the role you must be able to select the correct wheels, dressings and abrasives that are best suited to achieve the desired finish. You must be able to apply the proper pressure to the wheels and for the correct duration to linnish, polish, glaze and buff using care to maintain contour, relationship and dimensions.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Polish objects or parts to correct standard or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using bench polishing mops.
- Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure polishing standards are met.
- Select belts & mops according to materials, sizes and shapes of workpieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
- Verify quality of finished work pieces by inspecting them
- Record product and processing data on specified forms when needed.
- Assist in minor repair and maintain equipment, objects, or parts.
- Transfer production pieces to specified work areas
- Use of cutting saws as and when required by the Works Manager.
- Using initiative to go above and beyond what is required in so much of working to a production level that allows both orders to be met and good, healthy stock levels are maintained.
Technical Skills, Work Experience and attributes:
- Must be able to spot defects on work; close visual inspection required
- Good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required
- Experience working with brass is preferable
- Good attention to detail
- Be very punctual.
- Good Attention to detail
The standard working hour’s week operates from 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in the role please call Sean Lewis at trinity personnel now for more information.
- Metal Polishing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job