Salary: from £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
Contract: fixed-term for 12 months
Location: Bristol, London, Manchester, Harwell
Working in Jisc as a developer puts you at the forefront of cutting software design and implementation. We are designing futuristic products for our members, who are some of the world's leading research universities. You will make a difference to the ways in which UK research contributes to technological change, society and the economy.
We want innovative developers excited by new challenges and can from their desk, their home or their favourite coffee shop, engaging with product teams and technical developers across Jisc, to create an architecture and infrastructure that enables Jisc to deliver the best open science services in the world.
We encourage the use of new ideas, technologies and embrace the exciting world of devops to keep our products real and focussed on the needs of our customers.
UK research is world-leading, and the UK is leading the world toward open science. Be a part of this digital revolution with the best UK digital agency for research.
About the role
Jisc has globally renowned open science services; your role will be to improve their interoperability so they can be more flexible, scalable and efficient. You will be contributing to and, in parts, leading the development, implementation and support of data solutions that underpin Jisc's open science services and projects, in the context of Jisc's overarching research strategy and the individual project and service development plans.
Data and metadata solutions would include data models, vocabularies, tools, software, advice, documentation and use cases demonstrating the potential of greater data integration and exploitation. They would be developed drawing requirements from a range of sources, building consensus internally and externally where necessary, and balancing these against constraints and risks.
Engagement will be with university, national and international bodies, including technical and stakeholder forums, and will include consultation, expert advice, information sharing, negotiation, and influencing. Also planning and managing projects and budgets associated with these activities.
We're looking for someone with:
- A good understanding of data modelling tools and languages, and relevant metadata and related approaches such as persistent identifiers.
- You will need to have demonstrable skills in technical and data integration and system interoperability.
- Flexible and positive working environment, opportunities to build national and international reputation
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol, London, Manchester or Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"