Metadata Analyst, 3 month contract, remote based, public-sector
Our public-sector client is currently undergoing a technical review of the content and capabilities of its metadata estate as part of the broader work to shape their future approach to metadata and data sharing.
This work will review and document the current state as well as provide recommendations for future direction. As a metadata analyst you will be working closely with the national lead for metadata and a small in-house team that provides the metadata service. You will also work with a technical expert from our third-party service provider for metadata.
- Review the content of discovery metadata estate
- Review metadata tooling and capabilities and document findings
- Review and investigate future metadata requirements
- Investigate and recommend future and 'next generation' solutions in support of metadata & data sharing roadmaps
- Review and document business approach to creation and updating of metadata content
Key experience required:
- Experience of working with discovery metadata
- Knowledge of relevant metadata standards e.g. INSPIRE, Gemini.
- Experience of using metadata management software
- Experience of working with spatial and non-spatial data
If you have experience supporting a similar project whether that is as a Business/Data Analyst, or Project Support Officer who has previously worked closely with a metadata team, then please do consider this opportunity as you may hold the relevant skills required for success in this position.
A rewarding contract providing exposure to a high-profile government programme. Furthermore, a competitive day rate (in scope of IR35) on a 3-month initial contract with possibility for extension and the opportunity to work remotely.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'