MET Technician Bodyshop
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8-5pm
What you'll be doing
As a MET technician you will work in the Bodyshop repair centre repairing vehicles involved in accidents. You will repair customer-owned vehicles according to requirements from the Bodyshop Advisor. Using your knowledge you may submit a supplementary job card for any additional necessary work. You will be required to remove & refit or replace various components such as mechanical, electrical items and trim.
Role responsibilities - including but not limited to
- Whilst working in the bodyshop repair centre you will be familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to remove & refit or replace various components such as mechanical items and trim
- To diagnose, repair and maintain vehicles in accordance with BMW / MINI UK standards, promoting and attaining BMW standards for superior workmanship at all times
- To identify additional repair work, liaising with Bodyshop Advisor to obtain permission from customer to proceed
- To operate competently and efficiently within agreed timeframes
- To communicate effectively with Service and Parts departments
- To keep colleagues informed on repairs requiring specialist skills, additional work, difficulties and delays
- To carry out quality controls and sign off work at the appropriate point
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area, and look after your equipment, reporting any defects
Who you need to be
- You must have excellent communication skills to communicate credibly with their customers, colleagues and senior management
- You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment recognising individual responsibility to contribute to the performance and success of the team. You will have an understanding of the needs of others and a willingness to go the extra mile
- You will have the ability to keep up-to-date with complex information, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- You will have a passion for customer service, have a process orientated approach and be professional and well presented
- Full UK driving licence
- 2 years working as a MET Technician within a Bodyshop repair centre
- ATA accreditation Mechanical, Electrical, Trim (MET)
- Main dealer experience as a MET Technician preferred
What do they offer?
- Competitive salary
- 23 days' annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related commission/bonus scheme
- Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, & employee discount schemes
- Pension scheme & life assurance
Who are they?
Our client is an authorised BMW and MINI car dealership based in London and Kent with 4 BMW and 3 MINI dealerships serving Enfield, Bromley, Ruxley and Woolwich.
The company is driven through 5 values: Unrivalled Service, Unquestionably Honest, People Obsessed, Creativity and Giving Back
Our client wants you to click apply right now if they are the place for you to start your new career.
MET Technician Bodyshop