Join a fast paced and warm environment.
Manage the largest category or a leading big box retailer.
A leading big box retailer with a great energy and strong values
- Lead the Merchandise Planning team (12 colleagues) through providing clear goals, feedback and the tools, training and development to perform at a high standard, continuously growing performance and delivering high levels of reported Engagement.
- Support the Trading teams in the delivery of sales and margin budgets.
- Set and deliver target availability levels across Retail and Digital customer offers and fulfilment points.
- Set Annual Stock budgets and manage the business Open To Buy.
- Improve sales and stock related cash flow through improving stock turn and Gross Margin Return on Investment.
- Measure and continuously improve Forecast accuracy.
- Influence the commercial agenda to improve supply chain performance and business profit.
- Ensure Seasons and Promotions are effectively planned, communicated and executed, with appropriate value maximising clearance plans in place for all product exits.
- Ensure the physical flow of products is effectively planned with Distribution.
- Contribute to the Supply strategy and be a key player in delivering a number of the projects that underpin it and well as day-to-day management of ongoing activity.
- Support High profile Cross functional business projects, representing the Supply chain.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of macro factors affecting the Supply of stock to stores, actively developing your external network.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and help manage negotiations in partnership with the Trading team to improve supplier performance.
- Manage and improve Vendor On Time In Full performance.
- Strong Leadership skills with a track record of leading high performance and highly engaged teams.
- Highly numerate and data insight driven individual with strong analytical skills and data handling ability. High Excel capability.
- A customer centric individual who can build plans based on customer feedback and insight.
- A strong communicator and influencer with all internal stakeholders from Exec onwards and able to represent the brand with external suppliers.
- An expert organiser with excellent attention to detail.
A market leading salary is on offer for this role