We at The Disney Store are inviting you to apply for a number of exciting entry level retail roles including Merchandising Assistants and Distributors (Allocators).The next assessment day will take place on Wednesday 22nd of May at 9.30am - 11am in our Hammersmith head office.
At The Disney Store, we are famous for creating unforgettable and truly magical shopping experiences for all ages. With our high-quality merchandise and guest experience we support some of the most popular film franchises in the world from new additions such as Marvel and Star Wars to Disney Classics like Princesses and Tinker Bell. In one of these exciting roles you’ll be part of a team that oversees the flow of stock across Europe and you will provide essential administrative support in the strategic planning of our product ranges.
Although the two roles are different, the skills are interchangeable and during you career at the Disney Store you will be expected to gain experience in both in order to grow your career and progress within that field.
Distributors are important to our business because they decide which stock needs to be sent where, when and in what volume using information provided by their Merchandising teams, their own analysis and through the relationships they build with others in the business. Their key tasks include:
- Systematically sending stock from the warehouse to stores across Europe and our online store. They use allocation systems to send the right quantities, to the right place at the right time
- Communicating with District and Store Managers on their stock and sales
- Helping to plan and forecast allocations with the Stock Distribution Supervisor and Manager
- Running-ad hoc analysis and working proficiently in Excel
- Working independently to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Merchandising Assistants are important to our business because they support the management of stock into the warehouse and analyse and share information to keep the business running smoothly. Their key tasks include:
- Working proficiently in Excel to run daily and weekly reports, analysing the information on areas such as best-selling lines, stock holding and stores/online sales
- Managing the intake of stock to ensure products are in warehouse ready for launches
- Highlighting and systemically entering lines for promotions and markdown
- Managing tasks and time effectively in a fast paced environment
- Helping to plan and forecast future sales with the Merchandiser and Assistant Merchandiser
- Both roles will be expected to attend and contribute to department meetings and ensure effective communication amongst the Buying, Merchandising and Distribution teams to promote a collaborative working environment.
To be considered for the role, you will have a natural aptitude for numbers including percentages and ratios and have experience working within Retail, or a related qualification. Strong communication skills are vital as you’ll be collaborating with all stakeholders and working especially close with our Merchandising, Distribution and Buying teams.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent numerical skills*
- Retail experience and/or experience in a similar role e.g. as a Buyer's Assistant/Buying Admin, Merchandising
- Office admin experience, beneficial
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritise workload with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude to work both independently and as a team to achieve joint goals
What we offer:
- The opportunity to build a career at one of the most recognisable brands worldwide
- A fantastic team environment to grow and develop
- Competitive remuneration plus excellent benefits
- Great opportunities for learning and development
- We hold regular Assessment Days, and if selected, we will invite you to the head office here at Disney where you'll find out more about these opportunities and how you can grow your skills and advance your career with a company that's driven by the
- passion and imagination of its people.
*If you are invited to the assessment, there will be a numerical assessment to complete along with an attention to detail exercise and some group activities.
This assessment will be an opportunity to come to the Disney offices, meet some of The Disney Store HR team and be considered for future opportunities.
This is an exciting entry level opportunity for someone to continue to build on their skills whilst gaining experience of working in a fast paced multi-channel Retailer. At The Disney Store, we can offer you an abundance of wonderful experiences and a chance to excel in a great working environment. If you possess the capabilities and think you have what it takes to come and work for us, apply now.
All Disney roles require you to have the right to work in the UK.
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
- Microsoft Excel
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'