With our new owners, Bunnings, we’re changing how we do things at Homebase. By joining us at the beginning, you’ll be able to help us create the best home improvement and garden business in the UK.
Our Merchandisers play a key role here at Homebase supporting our wider merchandising team to deliver key profit objectives through innovation, customer awareness and cash management. Helping us as a business to maximise sales, margin, optimize stock and GMROI performance.
About the role:
- Providing analytical insight to help drive strategic direction
- Reporting, analysis & recommendations for a merchandising area - KPI reporting and performance analysis (departmental and store)
- Management of deleted & promotional stock for existing and new ranges and executing action plans.
- Budgeting and forecasting along with annual department development plan preparation
- Assortment planning analysis for the range review along with the management of exited lines for the range execution
- New line forecasting and review
- Hands-on previous experience in merchandising or a similar role
- Highly developed analytical / technical ability, with strong commercial acumen
- Ability to foster relationships, liaise and influence within all areas of the business
- Advanced skills in Excel (preferable Macro level), Word and Outlook
- Strong communication skills & ability to articulate clearly both internal & external to the business
- Finance / Accounting / Business Qualification would be advantageous but not essential
What we hope you will do next
Please complete our short application process by clicking apply now.
Homebase operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
- Advanced Excel