Our client is an established leader in their field. They specialise in the development, manufacture and distribution of home ware products. As part of their continuous growth TRF Professional are now recruiting for an experienced Merchandiser.
The purpose of the Merchandiser is to work as part of a small team to maximise commercial opportunities through accurate forecasting and effective stock management to ensure sell-through. Essentially, increasing profit by ensuring right stock in the right place at the right time.
- Professional, clear and respectable communication with customers to build strong working partnership with the customers
- Work as an effective member of the Merchandising team to achieve the departmental KPI targets and customer service goals
- Analysing customer forecasts and sales information, to prioritise stock demand as well as reacting and communicating information to the customer and sales team for resolution
- Continuously monitor performance to ensure stock availability and sales align to maintaining optimum stock levels for the business communicating concerns through the team
- Ensuring purchasing team aware of priorities and that delivery dates remain in line with critical path
- Maximising turnover on all ranges as well as in promotional periods through keeping close to customer needs and forecasting requirements
- Extensive use of Excel spreadsheets to provide accurate sales forecasts, plan stock levels and continuously monitor performance to ensure maximum stock availability and sales whilst keep stock levels at optimum levels for the business
- Developing effective working relationships with customer buying/merchandising teams, attending external meetings when needed
- Completing intake plans and running production plans to ensure re-buys as necessary
- Continuous communications to ensure on time delivery and notifying any delays in advance
- Internal communications to ensure adequate stock levels to ensure those critical path deadlines are met and the customer is serviced effectively
- Liaising with the warehouse to ensure efficient supply chain flow
- Monitoring slow sellers and recommend action plans
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Commercial awareness with customer-focused attitude
- Working at intermediate/advanced level on Excel - so able to do VLOOK ups
- Previous experience in Sage 200 would be highly advantageous
- Comfortable working in an environment of constant change
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work to pressures of strict deadlines
- Numerate with attention to detail & excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines to meet customer requirements
- Flexible approach to work as a team player with ability to co-ordinate between functions
- Professional approach, with confidence to represent the company
In return for the above the successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits, a modern working environment.
Please apply, in confidence, to Jasmine Marland at TRF Professional, a specialist division of The Recruitment Fix Ltd.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Advanced Excel
- Stock Management
- Demand Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job