Are you an experienced Merchandiser looking to work for a global leading retailer?
Are you a retail Merchandiser looking to progress your career?
If you can answer yes to the above questions then please read on.
Merchandiser roles and responsibilities:
- Setting up, maintaining and analysing WSSI’s regularly at department/product/supplier and line level.
- Optimising store performance with effective replenishment and strategic allocations.
- Assessing current ways of working and suggesting improvements.
- Controlling spend by managing trigger dates and reviewing OTB regularly.
- Planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts for new ranges.
- Planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction working closely with Head of Buying.
- Analysing and presenting trade weekly to Team Heads and Group Managing Director and reacting to latest sales data.
Merchandiser will also be expected to:
- Liaise with buyers, stores, suppliers and distributors.
- Manage critical path process to ensure deliveries are as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate data.
- Analyse key attributes to optimise sales.
- Create, run and analyse reports from data warehouse system.
- Strategy plan in order to move the department forward.
- Be able to take bi-annual buying trips in UK and Europe.
- Ensure that best sellers are utilised to full potential.
- Monitor slow sellers and take action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with suppliers.
- Work closely with other areas of the business, namely Ecommerce, Marketing and Finance.
- Control stock levels in stores using forecasted sales.
- Support the Buyer and Head of Merchandising and complete general admin on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Manage junior members in the department to improve ways of working and ensure critical path deadlines are met.
Other responsibilities for our Merchandiser:
- Occasional travel across the UK and Europe may be required in line with business needs.
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates required from our Merchandiser:
- 2:1 or above University Degree
- B grade or above GSCE or pass at A-level in Maths Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to adjust in a fast pace environment to changing trading situations.
- Extensive experience of working in a Merchandising role across a variety of product or companies is essential.
- Expertise in WSSI and stock management, able to foresee immediate and future stock concerns and judge the risks and opportunities these present.
- Leadership skills, able to delegate and manage team workload, providing positive role model for junior staff.
- A strong commitment to customer service, putting the customer at the heart of decision making.
- Decision making - able to be clear and decisive based on analysis of key information, making decisions that will benefit the company financially at all times
- Knowledge of branch merchandising and supply chain, able to manage stock into the warehouse and out to stores in the most cost effective manner.
- Mathematical ability - to work out budgets and interpret sales figures, presenting this back in a clear and concise way.
- Experience using data warehouse systems to manipulate data.
- Ability to review and improve ways of working and processes and adapt to new processes and systems.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and the Internet. In particular Excel, needs to be the go-to expert in the company, full range of formulae use is essential. Must be able to set up analytical reports in excel from scratch and maintain existing complex reports. Key Competencies
- The ability to work well in a team
- The ability to cope with the pressure of fast-paced work
- Business sense and negotiation skills
- Influencing skills amongst all levels
- Positive mental attitude with the ability to provide solutions to problems
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm with the opportunity to progress and develop the role
- To be well organised and good at planning
- People management skills
- A practical thinker - able to easily resolve problems
- Ability to take direction from Senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
- Able to adapt effectively to changing priorities and organisational needs
Regretfully due to the volume of responses generated A2Z Recruitment Solutions are only in a position to contact those candidates who have been successful.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'