Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for food. Unlike old-fashioned supermarkets, we don't rely upon a network of large chain superstores, but on a 'centralised distribution' business model. We depend on innovative technology-driven solutions to deliver our world class service. We're still growing fast, so we're on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace.
Ocado is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to make it easier for thousands of customers to shop for their groceries. Working within the Grocery Merchandising team you will help customers to find their weekly essentials as well as to discover their favourite new products from Ocado's vast and exciting range. You will have responsibility for all merchandising levers to drive sales and customer experience for the fresh/ambient category. It’s a role that brings together customer focus, drawing insight from data, creativity and attention to detail. You will work with the wider Merchandising team, the Trading, Insight, Creative and Marketing teams as well as suppliers to improve the shopping experience within our fresh/ambient categories for customers on Ocado.com and the mobile apps.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Continuously improving the quality of our search results as you work to identify and deliver improvements, category by category, to drive conversion and sales
- Assessing and providing insight into how customers shop a particular category by using data and observing customers shopping
- Driving sales and inspiring customers through ongoing seasonal and event initiatives with responsibility for the ideation, execution and performance of these initiatives
- Responsible for merchandising of seasonal initiatives outside of events by ensuring that we maximise sales of seasonal products through usual customer shopping habits such as search and browsing
- Use insight and analysis to learn, improve and iterate on both a weekly and seasonal basis by reacting to insight and summarising key learnings
- Driving innovation and providing inspiration for our customers through continually thinking through new ways to shop that drive conversion and sales
- Evaluate and react to competitors merchandising activities
- Making insightful trade-offs and prioritisation decisions into how to spend your time to optimise merchandising across fresh/ambient categories on Ocado.com and mobile apps
- Build collaborative relationships with Marketing, Creative, Trading & Promotions teams
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in any of: e-commerce, retail, or consumer goods
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Experience in management or project management
- Good degree from university
- A passion for food!
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.