As Merchandiser, you will be working in a small team to maximise commercial opportunities through accurate forecasting and effective stock management to maximise sell-through. Essentially, maximising profit by ensuring right stock in the right place at the right time.
Successful organisation, supplying soft furnishings to the high street retail market and experiencing YOY growth. Looking to appoint a Merchandiser, Stock Planner into their head office team Manchester.
* Professional, clear and respectable communication with customers to build strong working partnership with the customers.
* Work as an effective member of the Merchandising team to achieve the departmental KPI targets and customer serviceability goals.
* Analysing customer forecasts and sales information, to prioritise stock demand as well as reacting & communicating information to customer and sales team for resolution.
* Continuously monitor performance to ensure stock availability and sales align to maintaining optimum stock levels for the business communicating concerns through the team.
* Ensuring purchasing team aware of priorities and that delivery dates remain in line with critical path.
* Maximising turnover on all ranges as well as in promotional periods through keeping close to customer needs and forecasting requirements.
* Extensive use of Excel spreadsheets to provide accurate sales forecasts, plan stock levels and continuously monitor performance to ensure maximum stock availability and sales whilst keep stock levels at optimum levels for the business.
* Developing effective working relationships with customer buying/merchandising teams, attending external meetings when needed.
* Completing intake plans and running production plans to ensure re-buys.
* Communications to ensure delivery on time and notifying any delays in advance.
* Internal communications to ensure adequate stock levels to ensure those critical path deadlines are met and the customer is serviced effectively.
* Liaising with warehouse to ensure efficient supply chain flow.
* Monitoring slow sellers and recommend action plans.
* Commercial awareness with customer-focused attitude.
* Working at intermediate/advanced level on Excel - so able to do VLOOK ups
* Previous experience in Sage 200 would be highly advantageous.
* Comfortable working in an environment of constant change.
* Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work to pressures of strict deadlines.
* Numerate with attention to detail & excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to work to strict deadlines to meet customer requirements.
* Flexible approach to work as a team player & to co-ordinate between functions.
* Professional approach, with confidence to represent the company
A great opportunity to develop your skills as a merchandiser working with an exciting product with a competitive package