MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To support the Ways to Work ESF ILM Programme, providing mentoring support to participants employed on the ILM programme.
- To liaise direct with partners and organisations across the City to provide the 'right’ level of support to participants in order to support continued employment on the ILM Programme and support sustainability in employment once ESF ILM funding ends.
- To support individual participants in accessing development opportunities which will directly enhance their opportunity to secure sustainable employment at the end of the ILM Programme.
- To engage with and register ILM participant at the point of referral and ensure that all ESF documentation is evidenced and recorded.
- Collaborate with neighbouring authorities across the ESF Ways to Work Programme as and when requested.
- Identify the particular support and mentoring needs of ESF ILM participants and develop an action plan with the ILM participants and the employer to support to help meet those needs to ensure sustainability in employment.
- To work in line with ESF rules and regulations.
- To ensure that accurate evidence and monitoring is recorded and available for ESF and audit requirements.
- To provide one to one coaching and support to all ILM participants for the course of the project.
- To feedback issues on a daily basis to the ESF ILM Programme Manager.
- To have awareness of other factors that may impact on the participants and take appropriate action as and when necessary.
- To assist the ILM Programme and team in wider development activities.
- To provide regular employer site visits to support the needs of both the employer and the ILM participant.
- To engage with employers and ILM participants at the end of the ILM funding to ensure ILM job outcome documentation is completed and retained in line with ESF rules and regulations.
- To liaise with internal departments and external employers/agencies in line with data protection.
- To measure and record the progress and outcome of ILM participants whilst participating on the programme.
- To deal with progress queries from referring or supporting agencies
*Mentoring and coaching Level 3 or equivalent levels of competence demonstrated through experience in any of the following areas:-
Coaching/Mentoring, Youth Work, Social Work, Information Advice and Guidance, Counselling
*Experience of successfully supporting NEET or unemployed clients into work
Experience of sourcing vacancies and matching these to clients
Undertaking outreach and recruiting clients onto employability programmes.
Good knowledge and experience of addressing the wider barriers that prevent unemployed residents from entering the world of work.
*Experience in mentoring/coaching people on a one-to-one basis
*Managing caseloads, delivering results and reporting on achievement of targets to internal and external stakeholders
A sound knowledge of agencies that support people into employment or offer services that address barriers preventing people from entering the labour market
Experience of working with and supporting people to make a positive change in their lives.
*Experience of supporting people to progress towards achieving positive outcomes e.g. formal qualifications, employment or training
Experience of working as part of a team.
Experience of working in an environment containing confidential and sensitive information.