Mental Health Support Workers Urgently required in Enfield
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED AS REQUIRED FOR IMMIDIATE START!!!!!
Whilst every effort has been made to outline the main duties and responsibilities of the post, it should be remembered that a document such as this does not permit every item to be specified in detail. Broad headings therefore may have been used; in which case all usual associated routines are naturally included in this job description.
Staff should not refuse to undertake duties not specified below but should record additional duties they feel need specific recognition and these will be considered during supervision and again during annual appraisal.JOB DESCRIPTION
To have individual responsibility in accordance with the practices, procedures and policies of Next Step Support LTD, for the personal needs of Service Users.
To enable Service Users to live as independently, comfortably and securely as possible.
- Supporting clients to budget their finances
- Supporting clients with their shopping
- Supporting clients prepare their meals
- Supporting clients maintain their accommodation
- Supporting clients with their personal care
- Supporting clients to any professional meetings
- Supporting clients to family visits
- Supporting clients on their holidays
- Supporting clients with their medication
- Administration of medication, to include checking and auditing
- Encouraging a healthier lifestyle
- Encouraging access to work/education courses
- To create and maintain good communication with our clients
- To make and maintain an effective work relationship with our clients
- To develop good communication links with our clients and their family members/care team
- Support/care planning
- Carry out risk assessments when necessary
- Confidentiality and adhere to GDPR
- To adhere to all company policies
- Some driving duties may be requested from individuals company vehicle and insurance will be supplier
- Report writing
- Record keeping
- Keeping the care system up to date with all information and reports
- Other requested/outlined by Management
- Support Workers have no direct responsibility for staff
- Support Workers should aim to ensure a safe as possible living environment for our clients whilst respecting our client’s choice and rights
- Support Workers should ensure our clients are not put at risk as a result of any activities planned by staff in or outside the service
- Support Workers will have to work along side other Support Workers
- Equipment, protective clothing provided by Next Step Support LTD.
- Cleaning materials are supplied by the service user or Next Step Support LTD in accordance with the company’s Policies and Procedures
- Support Workers are responsible for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the service user
- If staff notice that your service is running low of any of the above it is their responsibility to contact a member of Head Office to place an order.
- Considerable amount of individual initiative may be required of the Support worker
- Support Workers have access to bi-monthly supervision from the Service Manager.
- Care work often is affected by the psychological demands from clients.
- Traveling by foot, public transport or personal transport with clients in all weather conditions can be a physical demand for Support Workers
- Likewise caring for a client with high needs can be both physically and emotionally demanding
- Support Workers work from a Supportive Living service where our clients live, they either have their own flat, shared flat or individual room, which will vary considerably in terms of physical structure, cleanliness, warmth and material standards
- On occasions Support Workers may be required to work with equipment provided by the client, which may be outdated
- Support Workers must not work with equipment that is unsafe. Any unsafe equipment should be reported to the Service Manager immediately
- Support Workers work as part of a caring team liaising with agencies and other professionals as necessary
- Support Workers may be required to undertake any other tasks specified by line management relevant to the role and to the needs of our clients.
This session will be taught to you by a member of the Next Step Support LTD staff. It is your responsibility to read and understand Next Step Support Limited Policies and Procedures. You can access these on your online portal Atlas. Please ensure you read through and acknowledge by signing your signature on a smart phone/laptop device.The Duty of Care
This is a legal term meaning you have a responsibility towards everyone you come into contact with to ensure they are not caused harm. Next Step Support has a responsibility to provide training for you and you have a responsibility to attend that training and adhere to what you are taught. Training will provide you with the knowledge to give high quality care to your clients, reducing the risk of harm to them and to you.
As with any social or personal care given by you to our clients, the duty of care is absolute and on no account must tasks be performed by you for which you have not been trained.
You must complete your core online E-learning training courses in your first three days of employment by Next Step Support Ltd. You must also attend training that you are booked on to our side of the Supportive Living Service.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'