I am looking to recruit for a new exciting opportunity to support adults with mental health for a well known charity!
This is a on a temp basis for approx 4 months potentially longer
Your role will be to support clients with mental health needs, to live independently and with as much control over their lives and the decisions that affect them as possible. To work alongside clients to support their needs, whilst ensuring clients also understand their own roles and responsibilities. This is such issues such as homelessness, social exclusion and crisis admissions to hospital are hopefully avoided.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide emotional, practical support and information for clients with mental health needs
• To assess and process referrals
• To provide professional support to clients, including undertaking needs and risk assessments and support planning with clients, to ensure they receive the appropriate level of support from Sheffield Mind or external agencies.
• To ensure delivery meets defined key performance indicators / targets and outcomes for clients.
• To respond to complaints, incidents or anti-social behaviour (ASB), and follow agreed recording practices and policies.
• To provide practical advice and personalised support to enable clients to move in to and / or maintain their home including domestic skills, rent and bill payments, decoration and furnishing and connection of utilities.
• To assist clients to participate in employment, education, social and leisure activities and actively seek opportunities for them to be fully integrated members of their communities.
• To maintain good working relations with other agencies, friend/family and advocates of our clients – involving them in assessments, reviews and support planning as appropriate. Support clients to access specialist services such as substance misuse agencies, aftercare and resettlement.
• To support clients to manage their finances effectively so that they can sustain their tenancies and empower them to ensure that they receive the benefits which they are entitled to. Submit any Housing Benefit claims with the client and support clients to monitor and manage their rent accounts (if applicable).
You will also be expected to keep accurate records
As per client request you will have experience of this field or similar. Please apply straight away if you think this is the right role for you and I will be in touch to discuss your possible registration.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'