Mental Health Support Worker - Monmouthshire
Make a difference! Focus on what matters - your patients! Help to promote independence and engagement with service users at a rehabilitation hospital based in Abergavenny with easy access to the M4, M5 and nation rail networks. Help support referral s from across the country along side their experienced multi-disciplinary team. They have an excellent record in delivering positive outcomes to service users with a wide range of mental health diagnosis.
- Competitive salary
- Accrued Holiday pay
- Flexible working hours
- Dedicated consultant to help guide you through the recruitment process
- To undertake necessary risk assessments in accordance with the needs and as identified by the referrer.
- To provide practical and emotional support to service users following the assessment of need and risk assessment.
- Take a problem solving approach in supporting service users to set their own personal goals and targets and to work collaboratively with the service user to help them achieve their goals.
- To work with service users in a holistic and empowering manner to ensure that the service user is central to all care and support provided.
- To assist service users to develop appropriate life skills that would enable them to build confidence and self-esteem.
- To assist the service user to plan, and manage their budget if appropriate.
- To help the service user to access professional help and the support of others who can contribute to their sense of well-being and independence.
- To work in a way that is user focused, compassionate, caring and sensitive, whilst maintaining clear professional boundaries.
- Being proactive and continuously monitoring the needs of service users and making adjustments to support plans where necessary.
You will have at least 6 months experience of working within a similar setting
- A valid DBS
- Up to date restraint training (NAPPI or other physical qualifications)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Has empathy and understanding of vulnerable adults
- Ability to act on initiative in an effective way related to your role
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly team then this could be the role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply by either calling or via email
This role is open to receiving applications over the next 2 weeks. Within 10 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will be invited to register with Randstad Care.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Restraint Training